Forming a Student Chapter
To apply to be an NSSGA student chapter, submit the following information to NSSGA:
- The names of at least five students enrolled in a degree program related to the aggregates industry (for example, mining engineering, geology, civil engineering) at a two- or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school. These students will serve as the charter members. Download the student member form here.
- A copy of the Student Chapter Constitution and Bylaws Document, customized where applicable to your chapter.
- A letter from a sponsoring NSSGA member company indicating its willingness to sponsor the new student chapter.
- A completed Application for the Establishment of an NSSGA Student Chapter.
Student Chapter Application Checklist
- List of students
- Chapter Constitution & Bylaws
- Letter from sponsoring company
- Application form
Gather this information and send with your application to NSSGA Meetings at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to NSSGA, 66 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 300, Alexandria, VA 22314. Applications will be reviewed by NSSGA’s Meetings & Events Committee and prospective chapters will be notified of their status within two weeks.
Student Chapter Annual Requirements
To maintain its status as an active student chapter, each chapter must fulfill the following requirements each school year:
Annual Report of Activities
Submit an Annual Report of Activities to NSSGA ( email@example.com) at the end of each school year that includes:
- A list of that year’s active members and officers
- An overview of meetings the chapter held that year
- A summary of the chapter’s efforts to promote membership
- An overview of chapter activities, including field trips, guest speakers, industry events, competitions, awards and accomplishment
Submit to NSSGA (firstname.lastname@example.org) a list of current chapter members.
Career Day Participation
Participate in their school’s career fair to promote careers in the aggregates industry.