A strong, unified voice through NSSGA is the best chance the aggregates industry has to make a difference. The most important business investment a producer can make is to join NSSGA.
NSSGA offers four types of memberships. To join, click on the one below that pertains to your company.
Aggregates producers are any company that produces and/or sells aggregates in the United States.
Companies that provide a product or service to the aggregates producer community.
Members of the Pulverized Minerals Division represent manufacturers of finely ground (minus 100 mesh) limestone and other industrial minerals.
Industrial sand producers are any company that is engaged in the mining or processing of industrial sand in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
“Aggregates such as crushed stone, sand and gravel are the literal foundation of many of our infrastructure projects.” – Congressman Paul Gosar, R-Ariz.
NSSGA is the only group focused solely on the interests of the aggregates industry. Recognized as one of the most active and effective advocacy groups in Washington, D.C., NSSGA ensures that its members’ voices are being heard loud and clear on Capitol Hill.
NSSGA members have grown ROCKPAC into one of the nation’s premier political action committees. It is now ranked number 19 nationally. A PAC of this magnitude commands the attention of politicians not only in Washington, D.C., but also in congressional districts nationwide.
Like most industries, the aggregates industry depends on the know-how and productivity of its workforce. Unlike many industries, aggregates producers have to mix brains and brawn to produce the right products on a timely basis. The brawn can be handled with heavy equipment. The brains come from training and idea-sharing throughout the workforce. NSSGA facilitates that training with:
• AGG1 Aggregates Academy & Expo
• Monthly webinars on a variety of topics
• Professional training courses
• CONEXPO-CON/AGG education program
In a recent survey, more than 80% of members agreed that NSSGA is by far their primary source of industry information.
NSSGA adds significant value to company membership by:
• Holding annual governance and business meetings that bring together senior managers and owners from around the country to discuss common problems, opportunities and developments.
• Encouraging member involvement in areas of specific interest where they can make a positive impact on the industry.
What has NSSGA done for you lately?
- Led industry grassroots advocacy to deliver comprehensive written comments to Departments of Commerce, Interior, Labor, the Environmental Protection Agency and the Army Corps of Engineers on streamlining air, water and Endangered Species Act permits, WOTUS, Toxic Substances Control Act reform, minerals definition, the Mine Safety & Health Administration’s (MSHA) Workplace Exams Rule and other critical issues.
- Brought nearly 300 people to Washington, D.C., to build relationships with members of Congress during our inaugural Legislative & Policy Forum/Fall Board Meeting.
- Promoted the industry’s economic multiplier effect: that every single job in a quarry supports nearly five other jobs in other industries, such as construction and trucking.
- Built on educational opportunities for the industry with AGG1 online webinars, the CONEXPO-CON/AGG aggregates track and the NSSGA/Institute of Quarrying distance learning programs.