Ready to get started?
Follow the steps below to collect all the information necessary to establish a student chapter of NSSGA. Once your information is complete, please send your application to NSSGA. Applications can be submitted electronically to Catherine Whalen at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to NSSGA, 66 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 300, Alexandria, VA 22314. Applications will be reviewed by NSSGA’s Meetings & Education Committee and prospective chapters will be notified of their status within two weeks.
Student Chapter RequirementsIn order for a group of students to qualify as an NSSGA student chapter, the following information must be submitted to NSSGA:
- The names of a minimum of five students enrolled in a degree program related to the aggregates industry (for example, mining engineering, geology, civil engineering) at a two- to four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school. These students will serve as the charter members. Download the student member form here.
- A copy of the Student Chapter Constitution and Bylaws Document, customized where applicable to your chapter.
- A letter from a sponsoring NSSGA member company indicating its willingness to sponsor the new student chapter.
- A completed Application for the Establishment of an NSSGA Student Chapter.
Student Chapter Application Checklist
- List of students
- Chapter Constitution & Bylaws
- Letter from sponsoring company
- Application form
Student chapter annual requirements
To maintain its status as an active student chapter, each chapter must fulfill several requirements each school year.
Annual Report of Activities
The chapter must submit an Annual Report of Activities to NSSGA at the end of each school year. The Annual Report should include:
- A list of that year’s active members and officers
- An overview of meetings the chapter held that year
- A summary of the chapter’s efforts to promote membership
- An overview of chapter activities, including field trips, guest speakers, industry events, competitions, awards and accomplishment
At the start of each school year, the chapter should submit to NSSGA a list of current chapter members.
Career Day Participation
A student chapter must participate in their school’s career fair to promote careers in the aggregates industry.