The Grand Canyon West Rim Tour
Sunday, March 5, 2017
Departs 8:30 a.m. from the lobby of Encore Las Vegas Hotel
4:30 p.m. estimated return to hotel
Open to all NSSGA and NRMCA participants
$225.00 Early Bird rate until Feb. 3, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. CST
$250.00 Advance rate beginning Feb. 4
This tour will meet at 8:15 a.m. in the lobby of Encore Las Vegas Hotel and depart promptly at 8:30 a.m. on the Grand Canyon West Rim Tour by Bus. Visit Arizona’s Grand Canyon West Rim, located on the Hualapai Indian Tribal Lands, which provides a natural habitat for 355 bird species, 89 mammalian species, and 56 reptile and amphibian species.
- Cross the line from Nevada to Arizona over the Memorial Bypass Bridge, which overlooks the Colorado River and Hoover Dam.
- Travel the remote area known as Black Canyon, which has played a significant role in the development of the Southwest, from the ancient Anasazi Indians to its present day use as part of the Lake Mead National Recreation area.
- Pass through the Mojave Desert and enjoy a scenic drive through a 900-year-old Joshua tree forest, one of the largest of its kind.
- Once at the canyon rim, explore points of interest to include authentic Native American dwellings, handmade American jewelry and crafts available for purchase, and hiking trails.
- This tour includes hops on and off the shuttle to a trail option (selected on location) of Eagle Point, Guano Point or Hualapai Ranch, and a Skywalk ticket to walk on the glass bridge over the Grand Canyon.
Travel in a full-size luxury motor coach with large custom windows, air conditioning, comfortable reclining seats, video monitors and more leg room than most airline seating. Tour includes Protein Power Bagel Breakfast Box (fruit cup, banana, yogurt, granola and peanut better), lunch (corresponding with the trail option selected), snacks, water and Gatorade beverages; entrance permits, Skywalk ticket and an on-board tour coordinator.
We suggest wearing comfortable walking shoes and clothing for your touring day; if you wear a hat, it will need a chinstrap as the Grand Canyon is known for gusts of wind and the unsecured hats are over the edge, never to be seen again!
Please register for tours by Feb. 3, 2017, for the best pricing and to confirm our tour numbers. This tour has an attendee minimum of 35 guests in order to be “a go.” Tour includes all admissions, taxes, fees and gratuities.