Aggregates workers have to perform workplace examinations before they start work. The goal of the workplace exam is to find and fix hazards in the work environment. To improve workers’ ability to find hazards, NIOSH Pittsburgh Mining Research Division developed EXAMiner, a workplace examination tool that gives workers the opportunity to practice searching for hazards in virtual environments. It also gives health and safety professionals the opportunity to debrief hazard recognition performance with workers.
This free software comes equipped with 31 scenes that health and safety professionals can use to create training scenarios. These scenes are of four locations at a surface stone operation (the pit, plant, shop, and roadways) and include over 100 hazards. As an additional feature, EXAMiner also gives health and safety professionals the ability to create site-specific materials by importing panoramic pictures from their own sites into the software. During this webinar, NIOSH researchers will demonstrate EXAMiner and its features and offer tips and best practices for creating site-specific scenes.
Attendees will receive:
- A link to download the free EXAMiner software
- A quickstart guide and help documentation
- Short videos demonstrating how to use key features of the software
- Tips to use when designing site-specific materials.
- Considerations for panoramic picture taking.
- Suggestions for how to incorporate EXAMiner into current workplace examination practices
Presenters: Brianna Eiter, PhD and Timothy Orr, NIOSH