NSSGA is the leading voice and advocate for the aggregates industry. Its members – stone, sand and gravel producers, along with the equipment manufacturers and service providers who support them – are responsible for the essential raw materials found in homes, buildings, roads, bridges and public works projects. NSSGA members represent 90 percent of the crushed stone and 70 percent of the sand and gravel mined annually in the United States.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Digital Communications Manager position is responsible for the content creation and management of NSSGA’s digital communications platforms
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Utilize strong writing and creativity skills to convey complex issues into understandable messages through websites and social media channels.
- Create and implement digital content (text, graphic, etc.) across NSSGA’s websites and social media channels that reinforces NSSGA’s policy and industry objectives.
- Monitor for news stories and social media activity on priority topics to inform staff and use in social media to support our policy positions and our industry.
- Collaborate with staff on objectives and needs to be fulfilled through digital communications.
- Generate regular reporting on performance and effectiveness across sites and channels.
- Use analytical reporting to evaluate results and recommend changes to improve
performance and reach target audiences.
- Manage and update nssga.org, as well as other NSSGA-affiliated websites including:
AFTRE; HMG; and Infrastructure for America.
- Develop project plans for use of digital platforms in support of association
communication priorities and initiatives.
- Manage outside vendors as needed.
- Provide recommendations regarding digital communications budget needs.
- Provide expertise and recommendations regarding technical infrastructure, including
web content management systems, marketing email and community engagement platforms, and social media publishing and analytical tools.
- Remain current in the rapidly evolving digital marketplace for best practices and platforms to help NSSGA achieve its mission.
- Ability to assist in other communications functions as needed.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and communicate effectively on all aspects of work being done and proposed.
- Exposure to, and demonstrated knowledge of, advocacy for public policy and communications support required.
- Familiarity with communications office functions.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, Word Press, Informz and other social and digital
- Experience in managing/using content management systems and social media
- Experience in developing and managing social media campaigns toward specific
- Must have strong communications skills and an ability to bring ideas to the table.
- S/he must demonstrate initiative and a proven willingness to take initiative and
accountability for results.
- S/he should be results-oriented and able to collaborate as well as work independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Communications, English, Political Science or related major, or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years’ experience, with specific experience in websites and social media (experience in trade association a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to work with tight deadlines and think under pressure.
To accomplish the associations mission and vision, NSSGA staff works together as a team, maintaining a unyielding focus on our members and a commitment to advocating for those members. NSSGA offers a generous benefits package, including paid medical, dental, and vision insurance; competitive compensation; a supportive work environment; waterfront views in our new office space; and company funded parking or transit. Interested candidates should provide a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Candidates should be prepared to produce work samples of prior achievements.
NSSGA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.