Title: Accounting & Administrative Coordinator
Reporting Relationships: Reports to the VP, Finance & Administration
General Position Responsibilities
NSSGA seeks a motivated and energetic professional to join the Finance team. The accounting coordinator plays a critical role in supporting the functions of the finance and administrative department. This role requires a high level of attention to details, a great attitude and follow-through abilities. The perfect candidate must be able to work well both collaboratively and independently and be invested in the success of the department and thus the association.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with administrative needs (handle incoming calls, create/maintain files, mail, database entry)
- Ability to manage and work on projects simultaneously while working with stakeholders on day-to-day needs and updates
- A/P (posting of invoices), A/P (Follow-up on past-due accounts), A/P (Vendor log and year end accruals), Cut checks and process for approval, Digital management of weekly check run and invoices
- A/R (posting receipts/ invoicing)
- Assist with monthly financial prep, as needed
- Assist with year-end audit items
- Maintain organization of AP company filing system (digital).
- Maintains lockbox/live checks via remote deposit (lockbox maintenance)
- Manages internal and external accounting inquires.
- Manages kitchen/office supplies orders.
- Manages office equipment and request for services as needed.
- Other duties as requested, to help maintain a good working environment
- Tech Savvy, HR experience is a plus
College degree and/or equivalent work experience. Prior experience with accounting software preferred and expertise in Microsoft Office.
Entry level to a minimum of 1 years of administrative/accounting support experience,
An understanding of basic math/accounting concepts.
High performing individual with a great attitude and a ‘get-it-done’ mentality
Ability to interact well with colleagues, members and external contacts.
To accomplish the associations mission and vision, NSSGA staff works together as a team, maintaining an unyielding focus on our members and a commitment to advocating for those members. NSSGA offers a generous benefits package, including paid medical, dental, and vision insurance; competitive compensation; a supportive work environment; waterfront views in our new office space; and company funded parking or transit. Interested candidates should provide a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NSSGA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.