Title: Meetings Coordinator
Reporting Relationships: Reports to the VP, Membership & Meetings
General Position Responsibilities NSSGA seeks a motivated, solutions-oriented and high performing individual to join the Membership & Meetings team. The meetings coordinator plays a critical role in supporting the functions of the meetings, education and exhibits department. The successful candidate’s responsibilities will focus on association’s member events, registration, database entry, invoicing, sponsor fulfillment, committee coordination, transportation; meeting supplies and shipment coordination. This position will manage multiple, fast-paced projects and have exceptional organizational and communications skills. The perfect candidate must be able to work well both collaboratively and independently and be invested in the success of the department and thus the association.
- Ability to manage and work on several projects simultaneously while working with stakeholders on day-to-day needs and updates.
- Provides support for the Annual Convention/AGG1 Academy & Expo plus three smaller meetings within of a one-year annual meeting cycle from start to finish.
- Oversight of and responsibility for all aspects of event registration: registration and event website set-up; generates registration reports; generates badges and confirmation letters; member support; and manages on-site registration.
- Admin and logistical support for meetings and events to include: transportation, speaker coordination, assembling and shipping of all meeting materials, guest tour options, mobile app management, sponsorship coordination, exhibitor engagement and invoicing, including on-site support for events as necessary.
- Provides administrative support for committees (including: prepare and distribute meeting minutes, agendas and attendance lists. Prepares meeting folders and coordinate conference calls.
- Ensure projects are on track and on budget while keeping project stakeholders up to date and well informed of their progress.
- Cultivates member relationships and responds to member requests in timely fashion.
- Assists with the presentation development process related to tradeshow education program to include tracking speaker information, presentation status and handouts.
- Responsible for meeting badges, attendance reporting, on-site registration lists, golf pairings, dinner seating and other registration related items.
- Performs administrative tasks, including, but not limited to: answer incoming calls, prepare correspondence, schedule meetings, mailings, photocopying, travel arrangements and other duties as assigned.
- Proactively provide professional, responsive, and courteous support to members with a demonstrated ability to resolve challenges while sometimes working under time constraints.
College degree (Hospitality preferred) and/or equivalent work experience. Prior experience with Microsoft Office is required and experience in Abila’s netForum and Cvent is preferred.
Entry level to a minimum of one (1) year of administrative support experience, meeting planning, nonprofit or association experience preferred. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Must be a high-energy team player who can collaborate across association departments. Ability to meet deadlines, initiate new ideas and provide creative solutions to problems.
Position may require moving or lifting boxes over 20 pounds. Position also requires travel 2-3 times per year.
Please provide cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Located in Old Town Alexandria, VA, NSSGA provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive pay. NSSGA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.