|Description as of:||June 2019|
|Position Reports To:||Vice President, Communications|
NSSGA is the leading voice and advocate for the aggregates industry. Its members – stone, sand and gravel producers, along with the equipment manufacturers and service providers who support them – are responsible for the essential raw materials found in homes, buildings, roads, bridges and public works projects. NSSGA members represent 90 percent of the crushed stone and 70 percent of the sand and gravel mined annually in the United States.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Coordinator has frontline responsibilities on several duties and projects integral to the Communications functions of the organization, as well as support functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administer the annual awards program, in coordination with the Senior Director
- Assist in content and compilation of membership publications/communications
- Assist in digital content implementation
- Monitor incoming emails and distribute accordingly
- Provide administrative support in preparation for key meetings and as needed for the organization
- Serve as a rotating point of contact for association members and calls to NSSGA
- Assist in management of communications planning materials
- Additional duties as assigned by the Vice President of Communications
- Familiarity with communications office functions.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and fact-checking skills
- Customer service skills
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with tight deadlines and think under pressure
- Desire to learn and grow professionally, taking on responsibilities needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent strongly preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in professional workplace preferred
Please provide resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Candidates should be prepared to provide writing samples and/or examples of work product. Located in Alexandria, VA, NSSGA provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including: health and dental insurance, participation in a 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and sick days and holidays, participation in a flexible spending account and transit program.
NSSGA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.