Excellence in Community Relations Awards
FEC Quarry – 2018 Platinum Award Recipients
Stringtown Quarry – 2018 Platinum Award Recipients
The Community Relations awards program, launched in 1989, recognizes aggregates producers who actively engage their communities through a variety of platforms. Participating in local community and government forums, interacting with local media, or organizing tours and educational events for students and elected officials are valuable ways to engage with the community. The efforts recognized by this award demonstrate that our operations are integral to the economic health and well-being of our nation.
The ultimate goal of the Community Relations award program is improvement of the public’s perception of both local crushed stone, sand and gravel operations and the aggregates industry.
- Encourage Producers to get Involved in their Local Communities. Aggregates operations are essential community members that play a vital role in the economic growth of our society. As contributors to our national prosperity, NSSGA encourages its members to establish a productive dialogue with local communities to ensure the public remains aware of our industry’s contributions.
- Encourage Producers to Contribute to the Health and Well-Being of our Society. NSSGA member operations should encourage their employees to take an active approach in establishing programs and initiatives that invest time and resources into addressing the shared interests and needs of the local community.
- Encourage Producers to Begin Working with Local Media to Develop Positive Media Attention. NSSGA encourages its members to build constructive relationships with local journalists. Fair and objective reporting benefits operators and the community.
2019 Award Recipients
|Gold||Graff/Worthington Quarry||Allegheny Mineral Corporation|
|Gold||Sullivan Road Facility||Central Pre-Mix, A CRH Company|
|Gold||Presque Isle Quarry||LafargeHolcim|
|Gold||Texas Quarry||Martin Marietta|
|Gold||Princeton Quarry||Rogers Group Inc.|
|Gold||Cookeville Quarry||Rogers Group Inc.|
|Gold||Belle Center||The Shelly Company, A CRH Company|
|Gold||Manassas Quarry||Vulcan Materials Company|
|Gold||Sanders Quarry||Vulcan Materials Company|
|Silver||Slippery Rock Quarry||Allegheny Mineral Corporation|
|Silver||Servtex Quarry||Lehigh Hanson|
|Silver||Bridgeport Quarry||Lehigh Hanson|
|Silver||St. Cloud Quarry||Martin Marietta|
|Silver||Berkeley Quarry||Martin Marietta|
|Silver||Silver Springs Quarry||Pennsy Supply, A CRH Company|
|Silver||Oak Ridge Quarry||Rogers Group Inc.|
|Silver||Tuscumbia Quarry||Rogers Group Inc.|
|Silver||Morgan County Sand & Gravel||Rogers Group Inc.|
|Silver||Columbia Quarry||Rogers Group Inc.|
|Silver||Stoneco Auglaize||The Shelly Company, A CRH Company|
|Silver||STONECO MAUMEE||The Shelly Company, A CRH Company|
|Silver||Stoneco Scott||The Shelly Company, A CRH Company|
|Silver||Denniston Quarry||Stoneco of Michigan, A CRH Company|
|Silver||Newport Quarry||Stoneco of Michigan, A CRH Company|
|Silver||Zeeb Sand and Gravel||Stoneco of Michigan, A CRH Company|
|Silver||Ostrander Quarry||The Shelly Company, A CRH Company|
|Silver||Haverstraw Quarry, NY||Tilcon New York Inc., A CRH Company|
|Silver||Pompton Lakes Quarry||Tilcon New York Inc., A CRH Company|
|Bronze||Aggregate Industries - Chelsea Sand & Gravel Pit||Aggregate Industries Management, Inc.|
|Bronze||Arch Materials, LLC||Rogers Group Inc.|
|Bronze||Orange Grove Plant||CalPortland|
|Bronze||Davenport Sand Mine||CEMEX, Florida/Carolinas Division|
|Bronze||Conco Quarries||Conco Quarries, A CRH Company|
|Bronze||Hanson Aggregates Ardmore Quarry||Lehigh Hanson|
|Bronze||Stony Creek Quarry||Irving Materials, Inc.|
|Bronze||Peru Quarry||Irving Materials, Inc.|
|Bronze||Pipe Creek Jr. Quarry||Irving Materials, Inc.|
|Bronze||Plymouth Sand & Gravel||Irving Materials, Inc.|
|Bronze||Sellersburg Quarry||Irving Materials, Inc.|
|Bronze||Pendleton Sand & Gravel||Irving Materials, Inc.|
|Bronze||Muncie Quarry||Irving Materials, Inc.|
|Bronze||McCordsville Quarry||Irving Materials, Inc.|
|Bronze||Corydon Plant||Irving Materials, Inc.|
|Bronze||Bluffton Plant||Irving Materials, Inc.|
|Bronze||Huntington Quarry||Irving Materials, Inc.|
|Bronze||Villeneuve Pit||Lehigh Hanson|
|Bronze||Morris Sand & Gravel||Lehigh Hanson|
|Bronze||Franklin Quarry||Lehigh Hanson|
|Bronze||Thornton Quarry||Lehigh Hanson|
|Bronze||Hanson Aggregates LLC - Plum Run Quarry||Lehigh Hanson|
|Bronze||Russellville Quarry||Lehigh Hanson|
|Bronze||Jones Mill Quarry||Martin Marietta|
|Bronze||Hunter Stone Quarry||Martin Marietta|
|Bronze||Hatton Quarry||Martin Marietta|
|Bronze||Burlington Quarry||Martin Marietta|
|Bronze||Castle Hayne Quarry||Martin Marietta|
|Bronze||Sawyer Quarry||Martin Marietta|
|Bronze||Hugo Quarry||Martin Marietta|
|Bronze||Idabel Quarry||Martin Marietta|
|Bronze||Broken Bow S&G||Martin Marietta|
|Bronze||Churchville Quarry||Martin Marietta|
|Bronze||Mill Creek Granite||Martin Marietta|
|Bronze||Bridgeport Stone||Martin Marietta|
|Bronze||Mill Creek Limestone||Martin Marietta|
|Bronze||Cumming Quarry||Martin Marietta|
|Bronze||Millard Quarry||Pennsy Supply, A CRH Company|
|Bronze||Rhea County Quarry||Rogers Group Inc.|
|Bronze||Jefferson County Stone||Rogers Group Inc.|
|Bronze||Bullitt County Stone||Rogers Group Inc.|
|Bronze||Oldham County Stone||Rogers Group Inc.|
|Bronze||Sieboldt Quarry||Rogers Group Inc.|
|Bronze||West Amarillo Sand & Gravel||Rogers Group Inc.|
|Bronze||Knox County Sand and Gravel||Rogers Group Inc.|
|Bronze||Reostone Quarry||Rogers Group Inc.|
|Bronze||Bloomington Crushed Stone||Rogers Group Inc.|
|Bronze||Mitchell Quarry||Rogers Group Inc.|
|Bronze||Hopkinsville Aggregate||Rogers Group Inc.|
|Bronze||Cowan Quarry||Rogers Group Inc.|
|Bronze||Stoneco Celina||The Shelly Company, A CRH Company|
|Bronze||Shalersville||The Shelly Company, A CRH Company|
|Bronze||Bender Yard||Martin Marietta|
|Bronze||Stoneco of Michigan Ottawa Lake Quarry||Stoneco of Michigan, A CRH Company|
|Bronze||Stoneco of Michigan Patterson Sand and Gravel||Stoneco of Michigan, A CRH Company|
|Bronze||Stoneco of Michigan Maybee Quarry||Stoneco of Michigan, A CRH Company|
|Bronze||Stoneco of Michigan Moscow Sand and Gravel||Stoneco of Michigan, A CRH Company|
|Bronze||United Companies River Road Facility||United Companies, A CRH Company|
|Bronze||Macon Quarry||Vulcan Materials Company|
Every active NSSGA member is eligible for an award.
Each application will be judged on several criteria (see judging for criteria) and be awarded a score from 1-10 points. Applicants will then be eligible to receive an award at either the platinum, gold, silver, or bronze levels.
Platinum: The highest score will be announced on state at NSSGA’s Legislative and Policy forum in November 2019.
Gold: Granted to facilities who earn a cumulative score in the top 10 percent.
A facility that receives a Gold category designation will be automatically recognized for a period of five years from the time the facility first receives the designation. After five years the facility is eligible to reapply for recognition.
Silver: Awarded to entries with a score in the next 25 percent.
Bronze: Presented to applicants who receive scores of at least 70 percen total available points.
The Community Relations Excellence Award applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- Community Outreach and Special Events
- Charitable Donations and Volunteer Service
- Political Engagement
- Social Media Prescence
- Educational Programs and Outreach
- Facility and Property Management
- Collaboration with Television, Online, and Print Media
Scoring summaries and individual judging sheets are confidential and will not be made public information.
Gold and Platinum Awards will be presented at NSSGA’s Legislative and Policy Forum. Silver and Bronze Awards will be mailed to winners unable to attend the policy forum.
Certificate of Achievement
Certificates of Achievement will be awarded in the Community Participation, Education, Media Relations, Communication and Local and State Government categories for companies wishing to submit one or more areas of a community relations program. Those entries that submit a completed self-certification entry form will receive this basic level of recognition.
- Certificates of Achievement will be awarded in the Community Outreach and Special Events, Charitable Donations and Volunteer Service, Political Engagement, Social Media Presence, Educational Programs and Outreach, Facility and Property Management, and Collaboration with Television, Online and Print Media categories for companies wishing to submit one or more areas of a community relations program. Those entries that submit a completed self-certification entry form will receive this basic level of recognition.
- Any active NSSGA member is eligible for the award.
- Applicants will be recognized with a Certificate of Achievement.
- This award category is not judged.
- This award is not presented at any NSSGA event. Certificates will be mailed to winners.