Safety & Health Guiding Principles
The members of the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association recognize that workplace safety and health is a primary concern in the crushed stone and sand and gravel industry and must be given priority status in a company's operations. To that end, the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association Board of Directors adopted these revised Safety and Health Guiding Principles on February 10, 2001.
The National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA):
- Advocates that members maintain a strong and unwaiving commitment to safety and health at workplaces.
- Is dedicated to helping its members comply fully with all safety and health laws and regulations.
- Maintains that laws and regulations governing the crushed stone and sand and gravel industry should be based on sound scientific principles to create workplace solutions to safety and health problems.
- Is committed to making available the industry's expertise to enhance workplace safety and health.
- Urges members to establish safety and health programs that will develop a knowledgeable workforce capable of recognizing, analyzing and avoiding inherent hazards of the crushed stone and sand and gravel work environment.
- Believes that the industry should work actively to eliminate substance abuse in the workplace through establishment and enforcement of strong anti-drug policies.
- Pledges to work toward the prevention of all occupational injuries and illnesses.
© 2013 National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association
1605 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Anti-Trust Statement & Web Site Disclaimer