Monday, June 12, 2017
12:30-2:10 p.m. Tee Times
Foursomes will compete in a scramble format on The Broadmoor West Course.
Set in the Cheyenne Mountain foothills of Colorado Springs, The Broadmoor Golf Club is consistently ranked among the best in the world. Their three iconic courses were designed by some of golf’s greatest names, and have played host to numerous national tournaments, including the U.S. Women’s Open and PGA Cup Matches. Presidents, politicians, celebrities and many of the game’s greatest athletes have all played at The Broadmoor, and these distinctive courses have challenged them all.
The NSSGA 2017 Golf Outing will be played on The Broadmoor’s West Course – get ready for rolling fairways, multi-level greens, and demanding hazards at the stunning yet formidable West Course. At 6,800 feet, this 18-hole course has more doglegs and steeply-angled greens than the East Course, and offers breathtaking views of both the mountains and Colorado Springs.
The West Course plays tighter off the tee, with more heavily tree-lined holes than the East Course, and also gives players an array of spectacular approach shots. Don’t let the stunning mountain views distract you; our West Course may look like a postcard, but it offers a very challenging and rewarding round of golf. The West Course was also the host site of the 1998 PGA Cup Matches.
Course Architects – a combination of the original 1918 Donald Ross design and the Robert Trent Jones, Sr. 1964 design, the West Course offers our guests a challenging course with spectacular views. Holes 1-6 – Donald Ross; Holes 7-14 – Robert Trent Jones, Sr.; Holes 15-18 – Donald Ross.
- 12 p.m.: Walk from the main hotel building to The Broadmoor Golf Club House. During play, enjoy a freshly-packed boxed lunch with hosted beverage cart. The Broadmoor Tournament Manager will assist you with your cart numbers and location for your foursome.
- 12:30 p.m.: The NSSGA Board Golf Outing commences!
- 5:30 p.m.: Estimated time of outing conclusion.
Prizes will be awarded at that evening’s reception (beginning 7 p.m.) for these golf skills contests:
- A hole-in-one at Hole #16, par 3 (236 yards men, 130 yards women) wins the grand prize of $15,000 cash. Two staff witnesses will monitor the action.
- A hole-in-one at Hole #5, par 3 wins a set of TaylorMade Speedblade HL Irons 4-SW.
- A hole-in-one at Hole #9, par 3 wins a Travis Matthew signature outfit and $500 online shopping spree.
- A hole-in-one at Hole #11, par 3 wins a set of TaylorMade Speedblade HL Irons 4-SW.
Attire: Traditional golf attire is expected – collared sports shirt, golf sweater, shirts or blouse, slacks, walking shorts, Bermuda shorts and knickers and no denim. Golf shoes may be rented at $29 plus tax per player.
Golf Clubs: Bring your own set of clubs or rent clubs through NSSGA registration. If you prefer to rent clubs, The Broadmoor offers the latest line of Callaway XR Irons, XR Fairway Woods, XR Hybrids, XR Drivers, and Odyssey Putters Club; rentals are $74.00 per eighteen holes (including a complimentary sleeve of balls). Your rented clubs will be set on your cart and ready for your afternoon of play upon your arrival for the tournament available for rent at the course upon check-in.
Event fee: $295 early bird rate through May 15. $325 standard rate begins May 16. $350 onsite rate begins June 10. Includes a boxed lunch, hosted beverage cart, and bag handling gratuity.
Registration deadline: Please register for this tour and all activities by May 15.