During the Mining Life Cycle of an aggregate operation, our members are encouraged to
- Develop a site-specific plan for post-mining land use and/or reclamation that engages stakeholders in planning for future needs and interests.
- Plan for the prevention and/or minimization of environmental impacts.
- Adopt and implement an Environmental Management System program to properly manage potential environmental risks and requirements, and improve overall environmental performance.
Operational and Closure Phase
- Pursue new technologies and practices to improve the operational, safety, health and environmental efficiency of our operations.
- Invest in the personal and professional development of employees to ensure a strong workforce into the future.
- Ensure that employees are treated in a respectful and positive manner, and provide them with competitive compensation programs consistent with performance and industry practice.
- Identify, control and/or eliminate risks associated with occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Encourage employees and contractors to interact responsibly within the community in which we operate and serve.
- Work in partnerships to promote beneficial post-mining land use, including industrial, commercial, and residential and community development, agricultural production, and wildlife conservation, habitat creation and restoration.