ROCKPAC is the only political action committee solely dedicated to advancing the aggregates industry’s priorities with federal candidates – standing up for the industry, expanding congressional awareness of it and the significant impacts of congressional actions on aggregates businesses.
• ROCKPAC equals strength in numbers.
• ROCKPAC is an investment in efforts to grow the federal highway program.
• ROCKPAC works to send people to Congress who share the industry’s views.
• ROCKPAC supports those candidates and elected officials who promote sensible, scientifically based safety and environmental laws and regulations.
• ROCKPAC backs elected officials who advocate tax relief measures that benefit the business community.
• ROCKPAC supports those candidates and legislators who oppose organized labor’s agenda, including its “card check” scheme that would take away workers’ rights to a secret ballot in union organizing elections.
The Federal Election Commission requires ROCKPAC to request the written prior approval of NSSGA members before soliciting contributions. Corporations may not approve solicitations by more than one trade association for the same calendar year. ROCKPAC asks that you please take a moment now to fill out this form and return it to NSSGA.
What has ROCKPAC done?
• ROCKPAC routinely contributes in each election cycle to candidates for Congress in half of the House races and 80 percent of Senate contests.
• ROCKPAC supports the winning candidates in a vast majority of the races in which it participates – on average 90 percent over the past decade.
• ROCKPAC contributions to candidates have grown steadily during that same timeframe, now totaling more than $900,000 in the last election cycle.
• ROCKPAC contributions in recent elections more than quadruple the amount of money that it donated to candidates a decade ago.
“ROCKPAC empowers the industry and makes sure our message is heard loud and clear.”
– Paul Detwiler III, New Enterprise Stone & Lime, Co., Inc.
“ROCKPAC multiplies the power of my donations to candidates, opening doors for our company and industry.”
– Steve Sloan, Midwest Minerals, Inc.
“ROCKPAC magnifies my donation a hundredfold, ensuring my voice is heard and opening doors for us.”
-Mark Helm, Dolese Bros.
“ROCKPAC provides the means that helps to influence our representatives in Washington to ensure the sustainability of our company and our industry.”
-Hal Williford, Memphis Stone & Gravel
Paul C. Mellott Jr., Mellott Company
John F. Steele Jr., Hilltop Basic Resources, Inc.
Mr. Richard Blake Mellott Company Mr. Ab Boxley Boxley Materials Company Mr. Greg Bush Linwood Mining & Minerals Corporation Mr. Craig Campbell Lafarge (U.S.) Ms. K. Anne Cramer Casper Stolle Quarry & Contracting Co. Mr. Paul I. Detwiler III New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc. Mr. David Donaldson Vulcan Materials Company Mr. Gerard V. Geraghty Rogers Group, Inc.
Mr. Louis A. Griesemer Springfield Underground, Inc. Mr. John C. Hay Oldcastle Materials, Inc. Mr. Mark Helm Dolese Bros. Co. Mr. Michael D. Hinrichsen Caterpillar, Inc. Mr. Cliff Kirkmyer CEMEX Ms. Anne H. Lloyd Martin Marietta Mr. Brian Mahavier (YLC) U.S. Concrete, Inc. Mr. Rodney Marchand Orica Mr. Rod Martin Martin Stone Quarries, Inc. Mr. W. Scott McGeorge Pine Bluff Sand & Gravel Company
Mr. Joe Schlabach Deister Machine Company, Inc. Mr. George L. Sidney Jr. McLanahan Corporation Mr. Stephen W. Sloan Midwest Minerals, Inc. Mr. Kim W. Snyder McCarthy Bush Corporation Mr. Ronald Summers CalPortland Company Mr. David P. True Austin Powder Co. Mr. S. Evan Weiner Edw. C. Levy Co. Mr. Hal F. Williford Jr. Memphis Stone & Gravel Company