ROCKPAC is the only political action committee solely dedicated to advancing the aggregates industry’s priorities with federal candidates – standing up for the industry, expanding congressional awareness of it and the significant impacts of congressional actions on aggregates businesses.
• ROCKPAC equals strength in numbers.
• ROCKPAC is an investment in efforts to grow the federal highway program.
• ROCKPAC works to send people to Congress who share the industry’s views.
• ROCKPAC supports those candidates and elected officials who promote sensible, scientifically based safety and environmental laws and regulations.
• ROCKPAC backs elected officials who advocate tax relief measures that benefit the business community.
• ROCKPAC supports those candidates and legislators who oppose organized labor’s agenda, including its “card check” scheme that would take away workers’ rights to a secret ballot in union organizing elections.
The Federal Election Commission requires ROCKPAC to request the written prior approval of NSSGA members before soliciting contributions. Corporations may not approve solicitations by more than one trade association for the same calendar year. ROCKPAC asks that you please take a moment now to fill out this form and return it to NSSGA.
What has ROCKPAC done?
• ROCKPAC routinely contributes in each election cycle to candidates for Congress in half of the House races and 80 percent of Senate contests.
• ROCKPAC supports the winning candidates in a vast majority of the races in which it participates – on average 90 percent over the past decade.
• ROCKPAC contributions to candidates have grown steadily during that same timeframe, now totaling more than $900,000 in the last election cycle.
• ROCKPAC contributions in recent elections more than quadruple the amount of money that it donated to candidates a decade ago.
“ROCKPAC empowers the industry and makes sure our message is heard loud and clear.”
– Paul Detwiler III, New Enterprise Stone & Lime, Co., Inc.
“ROCKPAC multiplies the power of my donations to candidates, opening doors for our company and industry.”
– Steve Sloan, Midwest Minerals, Inc.
“ROCKPAC magnifies my donation a hundredfold, ensuring my voice is heard and opening doors for us.”
-Mark Helm, Dolese Bros.
“ROCKPAC provides the means that helps to influence our representatives in Washington to ensure the sustainability of our company and our industry.”
-Hal Williford, Memphis Stone & Gravel
Paul C. Mellott Jr., Mellott Company
John F. Steele Jr., Hilltop Basic Resources, Inc.
- Mr. Richard Blake
- Mr. Ab Boxley
Boxley Materials Company
- Mr. Craig Campbell
- Ms. K. Anne Cramer
Casper Stolle Quarry & Contracting Co.
- Mr. Paul I. Detwiler III
New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc.
- Mr. David Donaldson
Vulcan Materials Company
- Mr. Gerard V. Geraghty
Rogers Group, Inc.
- Mr. Louis A. Griesemer
Springfield Underground, Inc.
- Mr. John C. Hay
Oldcastle Materials, Inc.
- Ms. Anne H. Lloyd
Martin Marietta Materials
- Mr. Rodney Marchand
- Mr. Rod Martin
Martin Stone Quarries, Inc.
- Mr. W. Scott McGeorge
Pine Bluff Sand & Gravel Company
- Mr. Hal F. Williford Jr.
Memphis Stone & Gravel Company
- Mr Seth Hankowski
All States Materials Group
- Mr. Joe Schlabach
Deister Machine Company, Inc.
- Mr. George L. Sidney Jr.
- Mr. Stephen W. Sloan
Midwest Minerals, Inc.
- Mr. Kim W. Snyder
Eastern Industries, Inc.
- Mr. Mike Stanczak
Hanson Material Service
- Mr. Ronald Summers
- Mr. David P. True
Austin Powder Co.
- Mr. S. Evan Weiner
Edw. C. Levy Co.